What visitors need to know before they visit:
The?Powerhouse Museum, Sydney Observatory and Museums Discovery Centre?have reopened to limited numbers of visitors, using a free, timed-entry ticket system.
- Powerhouse Museum and Sydney Observatory is open daily, 10am – 5pm
- Museums Discovery Centre is open?on Saturday?and Sunday only, 10am – 4pm
- Powerhouse Museum: most exhibitions, the Store and?café.
- Sydney Observatory: exhibitions and gardens
- Museums Discovery Centre: exhibitions in the Display Store
- Find out?which exhibitions you can see on your visit.
What’s closed?in order?to comply with NSW Health guidelines:
- Cloaking facilities
- Pram parking
- The Members lounge
- There are presently no events?or public programs
- Interactive or high-touch?exhibitions, including?Experimentations?and?The Wiggles Exhibition
- Theatre spaces including?The Kings Cinema
- Night and day tours at Sydney Observatory
What we’re asking visitors to do to keep everyone safe:
- Don’t visit if you’re unwell, have experienced cold or flu symptoms in the last 14 days, nor have returned from overseas or any known hotspot in the last 14 days.
- Book a free timed-entry ticket online
- Provide your name and contact details when booking or on entry to support contact tracing.
- Anyone booking tickets on behalf of others is required to provide those people’s contact details, if requested.
- Arrive for the time booked and wait to be checked in by staff.
- Bring a credit or debit card for any on-site purchases (we won’t be accepting cash).
- Avoid bringing large bags (you’ll have to carry any bag at your side or on your front).
- Don’t visit in a large group?(it’s ok to visit with members of your household)
- Consider downloading the?COVIDSafe?app.
- Use the hand-sanitiser provided on arrival.
- Keep at least 1.5 metres distance from others at all times.
- Wait in a marked queue or go elsewhere if a particular space has too many people.
- Allow less-mobile visitors to use elevators first or consider using the?ramps.
- Cough and sneeze into elbows or a?tissue, and?put the tissue in a bin.
- Wash hands with soap for at least 20 seconds in our restrooms.
- Visitors who don’t comply with these conditions will not be admitted or will be asked to leave to ensure the safety of all.
What?we are?doing to keep everyone safe:
- There are separate entry and exit doors, floor markings and signage to help visitors maintain safe distances.
- Each space has a maximum capacity, based on the rule of 1 person per 4 square metres. Please follow instructions from staff.
- We’re cleaning frequently with hospital-grade disinfectants, and high-touch items are sanitised after each use.
- We’ve provided hand sanitisers at the entry and at various places throughout the building.